Google

Friday, September 02, 2005

Travel Agent Telecommuter

Is it possible to work from home for a corporate travel agency?

Yes it is possible and I have been doing it for the past 6 years or so. In the beginning, I along with every other bloomim' commuter, took to the roads, set in massive traffic jams each morning, headed off to my job, leaving my child behind with a day care provider, only to be stressed out each day when it came time to get him at the end of the day, only to be late 90pct of the time.

Since I have been telecommuting, my job has become so much more fulfilling, not that it wasn't before. It's awesome and I have to admit, I work harder from home doing my job (longer hours) than when I "had" to leave the office to go and pick up my son from day care. Plus, I can log on in the evening to finish up any last minute ticketing. It's been great and I'm much more productive. I realize that this is my job and the only way to get the bills paid is to work and be at work, so here I set, waiting for the phone to ring to help the next client. I work for a full service travel agency, however I have been given the priviledge of working from home. I have a direct line in which clients call me, if I'm on the other phone, at lunch or after normal business hours, you will get my voice mail. If I'm on vacation, the main office intercepts my phone calls and takes good care of the clients as well. We have a choice of two excellent back up travel agents to cover when I'm taking vacation.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google